Friday, February 27, 2009

HTCAB: Chapter 5

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to HTCAB. I've been busy with other stuff, but fortunately, there's been the awesome NetApp rap and interview with Dave Hitz to keep everyone reading!

One of my favorite lines in Chapter 6 had to do with selling during the dot com boom. A standard practice was to give customers loans in exchange for stock. Here's what my new favorite NetApp blogger Kostadis Roussos calls his "all time NetApp moment":

Your job is to find people who have money and sell them something


That was something said by Tom Mendoza who Dave Hitz calls "one of the best public speakers I've ever seen." Dave Hitz saw him as a role model for speaking saying "I'm more of a writer myself." No kidding! The writing in HTCAB is great!

No comments:

Post a Comment